Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas



















Merry Christmas! We had a nice relaxing day today, although the only time I sat when I was at the computer talking to you (and my mom, and sister!). When I was up, I was picking up tiny wrapping paper pieces, picking up cups, forks, washing dishes, picking up towels, putting away presents, and calling for the kids to put away presents. The kids were constantly on me to help them with this or that gift, and one was always waiting in line while I was helping another. I have put toghter more puzzles today than in the last 3 years, I believe. Luckily, they did not get a lot of gifts this year, so there wasn't a lot of messing around and trash and putting together. Whew. You were very much needed today! We all missed you, and can't wait for you to be here celebrating with us, in person, next Christmas. Adam even asked if you were going to be here
the next Christmas." I have to send Luke's hockey set back. The posts that go together to make the netting are messed up. Some of the ends are smashed down into an oval, instead of being a circle and they wont fit together correctly. I had it mostly together, but I could not force the ends together. Some of the ones I was able to force together cracked under the pressure. I think it is just defective. I'd rather send it back - otherwise it cannot really be used correctly.


We had tilapia and spaghetti squash for dinner. It was delicious and the baby enjoyed too, because s/he is wiggling around so much right now. It's funny how traditional dinners are just not all that important to me since you're not here. I feel bad in one way, since I'm not teaching tradition to the children, but at the same time, they barely eat any of it anyway, so it just seems easier to make what we'll all eat.



I took pictures with my beautiful new camera today. I have some snow pictures. I meant to take a picture of the huge snow drift in the front yard, but I forgot...and now it is dark. I'll get it tomorrow.


We miss your faraway self, and we love it too. Merry Christmas.






No comments:

Post a Comment