Thursday, May 17, 2012

just some stuff

We're mostly settled in Phoenix now.  There are still boxes to unpack, mostly in the master bedroom, decor to put up, and kids rooms to organize.  I feel so lazy about getting it all done, I think because I feel like it'll be just a few more blinks, and I'll be packing it all back up again.  I need to just suck it up and get everything finished though.

Today is Ethan's 2nd birthday.  We're all sad you're not here with us to celebrate.  He misses you tons.  Every time I get on my computer or laptop and he sees the picture of you he says "Daddy! There's Daddy!  There's Jenna.  There's Lukas....," and names everyone off.  But you're his favorite of course, and he always says "There's Daddy!" five or six more times, or he'll just keep going until I cover the picture up with a browser or program.  I blew up the balloons last night but waited til this morning to do the streamers.  Ethan actually slept in and the kids helped me put the streamers on the doorway.  Ethan decided it would be fun to pop most of his balloons with a pencil, much to every other kids' chagrin.  They were horrified that he would want to break his balloons.  I made some cupcakes this morning and we're going to take them and his presents (books: all used that I got at bookmans, spent less than $20 on: animal babies; goodnight moon; skippyjon jones color crazy; if i were a firefighter; my very first book of numbers by eric carle; and the three bears) over to my moms later this afternoon to sing happy birthday.  We'll probably go swimming sometime today too (getting HOT!) - hey, do you know where his red trunks are?? We haven't found them since we've been home from Kansas!  Did we even bring them to KS?  I can't remember if we had them there!

Saturday I'll have family over for hotdogs and swimming and cake.  It's your mom's birthday on Saturday, so it'll be nice to have her here too.  I will hopefully post some pictures for you, if I can remember to charge my camera (if I can find the right charger).

I thought I could slip away for a minute because the kids are doing schoolwork, but now Ethan, Livea and Adam are screaming - literally screaming, at each other.  I think one of them screamed loud and another was annoyed about it, and so now they're having a screaming contest, but not in a good way.

We hope you're getting settled in Afghanistan, as settled anyone could get under the circumstances anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment