Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!
I guess it was yesterday for you, at this point, but I forgot.
We had Thanksgiving dinner twice last week. Once at church and then at the "Turkey Night" at the battalion. So, I am not making a thanksgiving dinner at home tonight. I am going to make some deviled eggs, and some cream cheese/pineapple appetizers for us, but besides that we are not doing much. I told the kids this morning that we are going to show God we are thankful for our house by cleaning it up. They want to watch a VeggieTales netflix movie we have (that they watched a million times in a row yesterday), and The Secret of Roan Inish, which is a really cute movie that the Zwetchke's made us borrow. So we'll have some movies, and some food. But we are thankful for many things without having a specific dinner tonight. Here are the things we are thankful for:

Jenna: "I am thankful for my house, the whole world, all my toys and the food I eat and my family."

Lukas: "I am thankful for my family, and my toys, and the whole world and my mom and dad."

Adam: "I am thankful for my dad and my eyeballs because I can see, and I'm thankful for my medal, and I'm thankful for my nose, cuz of smelling [he has a cold right now too so that is funny]. And I'm really thankful for my toys, and even my shirts [and he has only sweatpants on right now as well]."

Livea: "Daddy."

Last night when we were going to sleep I told Livea I loved her, and she didn't say anything. I told her "Daddy loves you too," and she said "But my daddy is in Iraq," I said "he loves you all the way from Iraq though," she said "is my daddy ever coming home?" I assured her you were going to come home. But it was so sad, that she even said such a thing! I said "do you miss your daddy?" She said "yes, I miss my daddy."


I am thankful for:
An amazing husband that: fixes broken screens; is a good hard-worker; takes the trash out every Wednesday in the wintertime so I never have to freeze my feet off because I'm too lazy to put shoes on for 2 minutes; checks all the scary noises in the middle of the night, even though nothing is every wrong; cleans up kid-vomit without question when the problem arises (which has not happened as of yet, thank goodness!!!); plays with the annoying dog so that I don't have to; cooks and cleans and takes care of our children; bravely sacrifices so much and serves our country and world as well as our family through the United States Army; I have a husband that has a heart for God, isn't afraid to say "I'm sorry," forgives, makes mistakes and learns from them.

I am thankful for all of our family, our 5 children, our God, our struggles, our triumphs, our path in this world together. I am thankful for being alive, and being able to wait every day for you to come home.

We all miss you and love you very much, and we are thankful that you are who you are to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment