Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Food and Kids, thats all I really do anyway, right?

I know I have been bad these last few weeks about getting pictures and updates for you.  I feel like I have been going nonstop.  From waking up before 5am, getting bits and pieces of school done, cleaning, cooking, playing, swim, cleaning, cleaning, more cleaning....to (you know me) staying up way too late, even though I need to get up before 5am the next morning....  nonstop.  I am sure your nonstop is worse than mine.  So that is why I feel bad for not updating you pictures (because I certainly am staying up late enough reading or watching tv, and *could* be doing this instead!).

So, you know - I actually DO have curtains for the bedroom window now.  I do not yet have them up, unfortunately.  The ones I bought are grey.  Really love them.  They match that soft grey blanket that I love.  Gray? I don't think I know how to spell that.  Spell check is not telling me either one is wrong.  Gray looks better than grey.  Anyway, I always like to look at the shadows of the tree on the sheet (that is still hanging up because I am being lazy about putting a curtain rod up) in the morning when I wake up.  The shadow is different every morning, for whatever reason.  I'm pretty sure that tree doesn't move much, it is dead or dying and I can't imagine it is moving.  Although, the earth is, and I don't wake up at the same exact time every day - so the shadow is different.  So I always look.  I woke up one morning, I think it was the morning I left to come to Kansas to say goodbye.  And my tree-shadow had a heart.

This is pretty much exactly what it looked like.  To me, it is a heart.  It has never looked like that since.  It really is different every day.  I will miss it when I put the new curtains up.  I like the sun and I like my tree-shadow.

I miss cooking for you.  Every time I cook I wish you I were cooking for you and you were here to eat it and eat with me.  One night I told the kids to get bowls out.  And I let them eat cereal for dinner.  No joke.  Just as much as they wanted.  Filler up.  I had no appetite, and did not feel like cooking for just me - because whatever I had planned I knew the kids would eat a bite and a half of and it just seemed ridiculous to go through the trouble of cooking for just me when I didn't want to eat anyway.

 So the next day I woke up and made breakfast, lunch and dinner with you on my mind - and took pictures, so that I could share them with you.  It made me more determined to actually cook.  I don't know why.  I should do it every day though because I made delicious food that day.  For breakfast I made scrambled eggs, with sauteed kale, onion, mushrooms and garlic, and cheese.  Actually, I eat this almost every day, thanks to Bountiful Baskets always giving me a boat-load of kale every week.  I made the kids scrambled eggs.  But their picture was boring, so I took a picture of mine.  For lunch we had salad - kind of plain, but it looks delish, right?  Just a salad of romaine, tomato, cukes, zukes, and leftover chicken chopped.  I think cheese too, you know me and cheese - best friends and all.


For dinner I made chicken with asparagus, and wrapped it in, and baked it.  The white looking rice stuff is actually my new favorite cauliflower/kale/garlic concoction, it makes me drool thinking about it.  The kids even eat it.



So, I had really good intentions on doing a "Day in the Life Of" for you, with pictures of everything we did, hence the foody pics, but I kept forgetting to take pictures.  So I plan on doing that eventually, hopefully quite a few times.  But I did manage to get a cute shot of our adorable children at swim lessons.
Goggle Nerds, eh?


They all have sublime tans at this point, which I already told you I am incredibly jealous of.  But whatev, what can I do?  Every time I ooh and ahh over one of their perfectly golden arms or legs, Jenna says "it's okay Mommy, I love your freckles, they are so cute!"  Then she followed that up with "Do you think you should just get more freckles and be tan all over?" Yah, no, not gonna happen!  But at least she thinks I'm cute.

I can't remember if you saw this before you left, but Ethan attached himself to me one night at bedtime.  Curled his fingers around my shirt and clung on for life, I guess.  He needs his own bed.  Or maybe I do.
Miss you much, love you more. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment