Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Alan brought his smoker over for me to smoke some ribs.  I thought for sure I was going to ruin them or make us all sick from not cooking them long enough.  I don't know what else I thought.  I just thought I couldn't do it.  This is the best kept secret of grilling-men, I think.  Because grilling is easy.  Threw them on, put on some sauce, turned 'em a few times, and voila (or wala, as Liv likes to say), beautiful, easy, delicious, little clean-up.  They turned out wonderful.  I smoked chicken last night without any sauce and they turned out fabuloso as well.  The grill is my new best friend!  So look at my delicious ribs.  I made a beautiful salad with it, with romaine, cukes, zuches, mushrooms, etc., as well as a homemade cauliflower/kale combination that was dynamite.  Not that you can make this anytime soon, but I'm telling you anyway, because you need to hear how delicious it was: steamed, chopped kale and cauliflower.  Threw it in a bowl.  Minced a few cloves of garlic.  Threw in some olive oil and butter.  Salt and pepper.  Freshly grated parmesan.  Tossed.  Perfection.  Seriously, so delicious.  I want some more right now and I just ate breakfast.


I also had to show you what dorky kids you have.  I missed it when they were really rockin' out because at this point they know I'm recording them.



No comments:

Post a Comment