Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Trek into the dust storm.

I forgot to post my pictures from when Julie and I went out to watch UFC last weekend.  We started out going to some place called FuNuGyz (pronounced Foo-noo-geez), but they charged a $5 cover, and we were feeling cheapish.  We called Padres Murphy's and they said there was plenty of seats available still.  So we went there instead.  On our drive over we got slammed by the dust storm that everyone likes to call a "Haboob" now.  I don't love that, so I just still call it a dust storm.  I was trying to make Julie post the first picture to Facebook as we're driving and she was having a cow because she doesn't know how to use a smart-phone.  She kept calling it a dumb phone and I had to keep helping her, and then she was yelling at me that I was going to crash us.  Really, she is just jealous because she wants a smart-phone.
Amazing.  And we were headed straight into it.

So pretty though!

We hit a patch of dirt RIGHT when Julie was posting this picture, so she was looking down - we were passing ASU West and I saw it coming and squeaked.  Of course, right after I squeaked I said "oh no!" and right after I said "oh no!". Julie looked up, and the giant clod of dirt hit us so that we could see absolutely nothing but brown for about ten seconds.  It was quite exciting, in my opinion, but she was asking for the nearest bathroom (ha, she'd kill me if she ever read this, and really she never asked for a bathroom, but she was not laughing, like I was)!

We finally turned north.  The wind was blowing NNW, and Julie took another photo - it looks better than it was, in the picture.  It was very dark, and dirty (no pun intended of course) - the picture doesn't do it justice.

Maybe it does look pretty bad.

Sunday, Jeanette and the boys came over and we made nachos and went hiking.

They were all just standing here like this.  I couldn't help but take a picture!

We are planning to hike again this weekend.  Love ya.


No comments:

Post a Comment