Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th


Tried getting good fireworks shots, but none turned out great.
We made tasty cookies.
Happy 4th!  I'm late about it, I know.  It was a happy 4th, as happy as it could be without you here of course.  Downtown fireworks were a.maz.ing, as usual.  Julie, Davis and I were together.  None of us had spouses with us.  Kind of funny.  Just us and our kids.  I made a giant amount of boy scout popcorn, with salt and plenty of artery-clogging butter.  I bought cupcakes too, but those didn't make it out of the house - we ate them before we left, and I decided that was a better idea when even I had to wash up after eating it.  The kids had swim lesson, and it rained during their entire lesson.  Lessons were never canceled, though.  It was beautiful, all day.  From hot as Hades, to almost chilly - and then today - back to hot.hot.hot.  Or maybe just hot.hot.  It wasn't as warm today as it has been.  Still yuck though.  I missed being with the Webers.  They missed us too.  They said to tell you to hurry up and be done.  No. Not really.

I tried taking pictures, but it was pretty dark.  I don't know why there aren't any pictures of Julie's kids.  I should have done a group shot with all of us.  I'm bad about pictures in my old age.  I figured out that my phone actually has a flash on it though, what a concept, eh.  Kind of causes problems when I'm trying to take a photo of myself since my arms are only so long - which is why that last picture is very bright looking.
He's making this face on purpose.

She probably won't want to know this picture is online, but I like.
I tried taking this picture three times.  This is the best one.  Livea had her eyes closed in all three.

This is the third or fourth I tried to take of us.  This was also the best one.  Adam kept making faces on purpose, and when Liv figured it out she decided to help.  I was laughing at them both.


I miss you when you can't skype me.  Stop making your wife lonely over here. ;o)  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment