Thursday, October 29, 2009

Adam's 5th Birthday

Well, Adam had a good birthday yesterday. Here he is at lunch with his requested meal. He wanted peanut butter & jelly, banana sandwiches. He saw it on TV, and told me exactly how to make them, and so we did!
He's actually posing here - he said "take a picture of me eating!" but he was just sitting there like that waiting for me to take the picture.

I forgot to take a picture of him opening his present with my camera on my phone, so I can't put any of those pics on here. I did tell him that it was your idea to buy them the automatic baseball pitcher - that he calls the "batter-batter-baseballer", and I am not sure why. But the kids went and out and played for quite some time yesterday and good thing because it began storming in the middle of the night and is supposed to rain all day today too. Everything is completely soaked out there. Jenna batted and hit me in the jaw with a ball, and then not 5 minutes later she hit Adam in the head with the bat (it's plastic). I told her she had to have a break because she wanted being careful....but in all honesty, her hitting me in the face with the ball (IT HURT) wasn't really her fault. I was standing there staring at her and it was a really good hit, and I didn't duck or try to catch it or anything. I must have been spacing it. It was probably funny if you weren't me... just to see me starving right at it and it hitting me square in the jaw. Ouch. Anyway, they had tons of fun with it. I hope it stays warm and stops raining so they can go play with it again.

Adam wanted "baby" burgers and macaroni and cheese for dinner. I know this is horrible, but I did not feel like making mac n cheese, so I just bought some Kraft! LOL. You know how often that happens, so I don't feel bad (except that it was his birthday, I should have been more up to making it homemade). I also didn't make the baby burgers -and bought frozen ones - just not a cooking sort of day for me. No one cared, and the burgers seriously tasted exactly like McDonald's cheeseburgers so the kids liked them.
I was feeling pretty lazy lately I think. I didn't clean the kitchen at all last night. I left everything on the counter, and just LEFT it. How often do I do that too??? I just didn't want to!! So I didn't. I felt much more positive about it this morning, and got it all done. The kids are upstairs cleaning right now. It's almost lunchtime and we haven't even started school yet today. But they have been getting everything done super fast lately.

So last night my sister called me and while I am blabbing away on the phone the kids were playing in the school room and I could hear them, they were coloring and cuttting and having fun. Welll..............this is what happens when you're not paying close enough attention to your 2.5 year old:
Uhhhh, oops. She had put almost an entire bottle of glue on that red paper at the back of the table and then dumped glitter all over it. It was very messy. She was covered in glue and glitter - and she had already taken a bath. The glitter somehow was bleeding it's green color from being wet with glue and she had green smears and glitter on her face, and legs, and her hands were completely covered in glitter.

So.....it was a long day of catering to Adam, but it was a good day. At one point when I was on the phone with my sister, Adam came in crying saying "it's my birthday and no one will even play with me!!!" :o( It was almost bedtime and he was tired, but it was cute and sad.

We all love you and we missed you on Adam's special day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment