Monday, October 26, 2009

tonight

Here is a me picture for once! I just got home from Mo's coffee. It was nice. A ton of people didn't show this time, so it was more intimate, and it was very nice. I stuffed myself on tasty treats, and got a couple of good recipes (a lot of peeps didn't bring their recipes). Mo made a delicious meatball soup. On our way out, we all were leaving at the same time, there was a cop parked behind my car. As I walked up, he rolled down his window and asked if it was my car. I said yes. He told me I was parked on the wrong side of the street. I asked him if that was a state law. He said no, but there are signs all over the place. I said "Where?? I don't see any signs." He said "they're all over the place." I still didn't see any signs. I told him I had no idea, that my friends who I was visiting didn't tell any of us not to park on that side of the road. He said he wasn't going to write me a ticket since I was leaving, and that he doesn't patrol neighborhoods trying to give tickets out, but that a neighbor called the police about it. Niiice. So I told him I was just going to go inform my friend and be right back to move my car. I went back and told Mo, and she had no idea that we couldn't park on that side of the road. The cop came up because we were all discussing it and he said "there are signs all over the place", Mo said "Where, I don't see any signs", and he said "they're all over, there is one right there" and she said "where I still don't see it", then I saw it. But it wasn't facing me...so I couldn't read it. Kelly pulled up and asked if I got a ticket "too", I told her no but almost. The ticket ended up only being $10. Still though. Finally, I left, and as I'm driving, about 6 houses down, I see another sign "No Parking Any Time." Lovely. But the signs are seriously 20 feet in the air, and they aren't easy to see at all. And now you know the whole story, aren't you glad you asked.

I went to Target and they did have the MLB automatic batter thing, so I bought it up, bought some other gifts for the kids to give to Adam, and came home. Alexis is so nice. She did the dishes, handwashed, and loaded, and ran the dishwasher. All of their dinner stuff was cleaned up and put away. The kids (minus Livea) were all in bed. Livea told me she was hungry. I opened the fridge and she said, "no here, lemme show you," and proceeded to open the freezer. She started looking for something, and then she found frozen peas. She said "This. This is what I'm hungry for." I said "okay, we can have peas tomorrow," she said "no, I want to eat them right now," so I took them and told her lets cook them. She said "no, I like them cold," and she ate frozen peas from the bag for 10 minutes, nursed, and promptly fell asleep. The boys were sound asleep, Jenna was still awake but barely. It is so nice to have an awesome babysitter. Bunco night is at Mo's next Friday, and Alexis is watching the kids again then - and they are excited for her to come. Livea was going upstairs when I left. Maybe we'd have had babysitters more often when Jenna and Luke were little if we'd have had a good one! I am tired! I am gonna go lay down and flip channels until I can't find anything good and then read.
Love your, miss your far-away self!

No comments:

Post a Comment