Thursday, September 3, 2009

attack of the public schoolers

Last night I walked outside to check on the kids. The little girl Kyler was straddling her bike. Jenna was straddling Riley's bike, and Riley was playing with the dollhouse in the garage. The second I walked out there I could tell something was wrong, so I asked if there was a problem. Immediately Jenna said "YES!!, KYLER-" and then Kyler kept interrupting saying "Noooo!" every time Jenna began to speak. I finally told Kyler to be quiet. Jenna said that Kyler was telling her that she needed to go to real school because they have better rules and she can learn better. She told her it was wrong for her not to go to school, and that they have a zero-bully tolerance at their school, so it was better. Jenna was really upset by it. I sort of came unglued. Kyler is not a nice girl. I don't want her to stay away from Jenna, but I told Jenna that she is only allowed to play with her supervised from now on. There are always problems when she comes around. She is very bossy. I explained to Kyler that kids can learn at home just as well or better than they learn at school, and that Jenna follows her Mom's and Dad's rules, and Kyler doesn't know what is best for Jenna - that is why God gave her 2 incredibly intelligent parents. Poor Riley must have been in on it at some point because she looked scared to death at my lecture. She got really upset and started crying and saying how Kyler was mean to her at school and how she (Riley) got in trouble because of her, and all this. I told Kyler she didn't to go home for the day, but that she was certainly welcome back to our home again. I explained to her that when she played at our house she needed to follow our rules, and be respectful to everyone at our house no matter if it is her own brother, or Riley, or Jenna or the boys, or the neighbors dog. I told her again, that she was welcome back just so she maybe really does come back.

Then after she left I asked the girls if they felt better that she was gone, and they both nodded their heads and said yes, yes, yes. They talked about how bossy she always is, and all this. I told them that there were going to be many bossy girls as they grew up and that they had to start decided now, when they were little which girls were girls they should be friends with, and if they wanted to be a nice girl or a girl like Kyler is sometimes. They both said they didn't want to be like Kyler is. Riley looked so upset, and I asked her if she needed a hug, and she ran to me and hugged me. It was so sad!! I think she was scared that I was going to be upset with her because I think she had a part in the badgering of Jenna's schooling. Wow! I really never thought our kids would be bothered like this!! Leave it to girls, to be catty, right? No wonder you guys are glad to be Infantry and away from girls. I am afraid of what to say anymore because of the cattiness of spouses in FRG. I am just not made for FRG. I don't want to deal with cattiness, and high school games. Some people think they are really mature, and they are just as immature as the people they think they are so much more mature than. As much as it has been said that the spouses don't wear their husbands' rank - there is a dividing line among and within the ranks, so it really just is not true. There are coffee's and I saw Kelly post the other day that there is now a "commanders wives" group too. Talk about no-ranks, hmmmm...... maybe I am done with the military.

Anyway, we have a meeting today at CYS to get the kids enrolled for the Skies Taekwondo. So at least that will save some money for a while. I am considering going to the PX to get a camera but the idea is daunting because there are SO many!! I am mostly wanting to go to the PX for a Starbucks coffee. I have made coffee exactly once since you have been gone. I haven't gone to our favorite coffee shop at all, and I have been to Starbucks once also. Today coffee just sounds good though.

Well, Livea "wants breakfast right now" so I guess I better go. She is crying and asking me to "get up, come on, Mommy"....starving little monster.
We love you, and miss you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment