Wednesday, September 30, 2009

long time no nothin'

I know I haven't been posting and I feel really bad. I imagine you checking every day when you have a minute, and I can feel your disappointment! I would be disappointed too if I were in your shoes. After us all being sick, it took a few days to get the house back in order, and I still have been slow to recover. I read today that sometimes it takes a few weeks to regain all your energy after a flu. WOW. I am feeling it. I thought I felt fine, but I am still coughing, and have to blow my nose a million times a day. The cough is more annoying NOW than it was before. Ready to be done! Livea still has her cough and snot-nose too.

I have pictures of the bug-zoo field trip to share with you. But I took them with my old crappy camera so I ordered a CD and didn't have money til today to get all the 300 pictures that were on the disk. LOL. It was expensive. I ordered them at Target so I will have to go sometime this week and pick them up and get those CD's so you can see the kids petting the tarantula, and the stick-bugs.

The weather is beautiful here. I miss you being here, and sharing it together with you. Some of the trees have leaves that are turning red now. Remember how desolate and sad it looks in the winter here? I am not looking forward to that. It seems like it just turned to Spring, and everything became bright and green, and now it all going to turn cold-gray and dismal. It seems way too fast! But our electricity bill will be nice to look at next month. I haven't been having to use the air at all. I think the high today was 79. It is really windy and the house stayed perfectly cool today. In fact, we had to close some windows because it was too chilly!

Roxie is my biggest enemy. She really bugs me. I hate not liking her, but she just bugs me so bad. She is so sweet, but she is a big oaf, and she hurts everyone, including me, and I can't imagine her surviving my dad for months in Phoenix. What am I going to do with her?! I wish she would just chill out and be like 10 years old already. Maybe I need to hire a dog walker. I wonder if I could find a dog-walker here. =)

Sorry we missed your phone call the other day. I forgot, but remembered in time, that we had to go to Topeka and get Jenna's broken and fixed retainer!! We were on our way back when you called, but I never got the call or message until the next morning. We must have been out of range when you dialed. Bummer too, because the kids would have had a lot to say since they were all buckled in and not going anywhere but where I led them!

We went grocery shopping today, and had a nice dinner, and I bought 2 half gallons of frozen yogurt that the kids are begging for right now. We haven't had ice cream in a while and I figured I'd better buy it now because I can't imagine it sounding too appetizing when it is 10 degrees outside.

We love you and miss you! I hope you got your box!!!! Maybe someone is pilfering it. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment